Yesterday I chanted and meditated at a Global Audio Satsang event. What is that, you may ask? It’s been less than two years since I discovered Siddha Yoga. I knew of Gurumayi from friends but, evidently, the timing wasn’t right then. Baba Muktananda began a ‘Meditation Revolution’ back in the 1970s. He made two world tour visits to the U.S. May marks what would have been his 100th birthday. There was a celebration. The meditation center in Cincinnati participated in this worldwide program in his honor. The chanting and meditating were great and so was the company! I have found some wonderful friends in this group. Besides Women Writing for (a) Change, this is my main organization. Right now, I am sitting on a bench in my backyard, in front of a circular stone puja/altar I created. I hear the young red-shouldered hawk and a creek. Life is good.
Tag Cloud108 108 poems aging Betsy Lippitt birds birthdays bliss blogging bowing Buddhism Catherine of Siena Virtual College cats chanting College Hill Coffee Company creek cystoscopy daughters death dogs Farm Fresh Delivery feminism friendship Ganges River God grandmothers gratitude guru Gurumayi hatha yoga Hinduism hospice India japa juicing Kali Krishna Das Landmark Education lung cancer mala Mary Pierce Brosmer Meals on Wheels meditation Melt memories mother mothers Muktananda Northside Northside (Cincinnati) Ohio Lesbian Archives Om opera organic vegetables rain realization retirement sadness Shiva Siddha Yoga Siddha Yoga Meditation Center SmartTalkWomen spring tired Troubadours of Divine Bliss Twitter Varanasi vegan veganism Verdi Women Writing for (a) Change Woody Allen writing yoga yoga, hatha zen
Tammy on New Year’s Eve fanchon on stay close… Jenny on Another Mother’s Day phebek108 on Another Mother’s Day Ellen Austin-Li on Another Mother’s Day
- RT @TheRickyDavila: Don't know why, but this photo just made me tear up. Breathtaking Boston, just breathtaking. Thank you. ❤️ #RESIST #NoH… 1 day ago
- RT @carlbernstein: (1/3) Important Republicans/conservs/Intel-military hi-ups increasingly saying in private that @realDonaldTrump is unfit… 2 days ago
- Confederate Leaders’ Descendants Say Statues Can Come Down nyti.ms/2vHy0Ir 3 days ago
- RT @VirginiaBridges: Serena Sebring explains she planned to turn herself in #Durham. https://t.co/ztJlvSuyZY 3 days ago
- RT @bncrrll: Walking in to sheriffs office to collectively turn ourselves to say: targeting racial justice organizers? arrest me too! https… 3 days ago