Yesterday I chanted and meditated at a Global Audio Satsang event. What is that, you may ask? It’s been less than two years since I discovered Siddha Yoga. I knew of Gurumayi from friends but, evidently, the timing wasn’t right then. Baba Muktananda began a ‘Meditation Revolution’ back in the 1970s. He made two world tour visits to the U.S. May marks what would have been his 100th birthday. There was a celebration. The meditation center in Cincinnati participated in this worldwide program in his honor. The chanting and meditating were great and so was the company! I have found some wonderful friends in this group. Besides Women Writing for (a) Change, this is my main organization. Right now, I am sitting on a bench in my backyard, in front of a circular stone puja/altar I created. I hear the young red-shouldered hawk and a creek. Life is good.
Tag Cloud108 108 poems aging Betsy Lippitt birds birthdays bliss blogging bowing Buddhism Catherine of Siena Virtual College cats chanting College Hill Coffee Company creek cystoscopy daughters death dogs Farm Fresh Delivery feminism friendship Ganges River God grandmothers gratitude guru Gurumayi hatha yoga Hinduism hospice India japa juicing Kali Krishna Das Landmark Education lung cancer mala Mary Pierce Brosmer Meals on Wheels meditation Melt memories mother mothers Muktananda Northside Northside (Cincinnati) Ohio Lesbian Archives Om opera organic vegetables rain realization retirement sadness Shiva Siddha Yoga Siddha Yoga Meditation Center SmartTalkWomen spring tired Troubadours of Divine Bliss Twitter Varanasi vegan veganism Verdi Women Writing for (a) Change Woody Allen writing yoga yoga, hatha zen
fanchon on stay close… Jenny on Another Mother’s Day phebek108 on Another Mother’s Day Ellen Austin-Li on Another Mother’s Day Karen (Morgan) on Coffee with the Goddess
- History, Her-story and Their-story citybeat.com/arts-culture/c… 11 minutes ago
- RT @Eugene_Robinson: Trump distraction strategy is clear: Announce no Comey tapes on day Senate passes terrible health bill. Don't be foole… 13 hours ago
- RT @AriBerman: 53 years ago today KKK murdered civil rights activists Andrew Goodman, James Chaney & Mickey Schwerner during Mississippi Fr… 13 hours ago
- RT @beaglefreedom: Rolling the window down won't save their life. Temperatures are greatly magnified inside your car. Please don't leave an… 13 hours ago
- RT @ananavarro: Reading Trump tweets today -lies & insults- make me realize just how much he's soiled & diminished the US Presidency. I wee… 13 hours ago