I am at my laptop the last evening of the writing retreat. I am not far from home although others are. Distance is a funny thing–it can be geographical or mental. Eleven women trained by Mary Pierce Brosmer as teachers in Women Writing for a Change practices are here at the Transfiguration Spirituality Center in Glendale, Ohio. It is a (usually) annual retreat. I missed last year so I was happy to retreat this year.
We begin and end in a large circle, just as we do in classes. In between writing and discussion we eat, are in small groups getting and giving feedback, did I say eat?, and conclude our evenings with wine and laughter. We share stories from our lives, joke, touch on Big Questions. Some of us have known one another for years, decades even. It’s a sisterhood on many levels. We have shared in ways you can when you are intentional on a retreat.
I really just wanted to have this experience documented–until the next retreat, I hope.
Tag Cloud108 108 poems aging Betsy Lippitt birds birthdays bliss blogging bowing Buddhism Catherine of Siena Virtual College cats chanting College Hill Coffee Company creek cystoscopy daughters death dogs Farm Fresh Delivery feminism friendship Ganges River God grandmothers gratitude guru Gurumayi hatha yoga Hinduism hospice India japa juicing Kali Krishna Das Landmark Education lung cancer mala Mary Pierce Brosmer Meals on Wheels meditation Melt memories mother mothers Muktananda Northside Northside (Cincinnati) Ohio Lesbian Archives Om opera organic vegetables rain realization retirement sadness Shiva Siddha Yoga Siddha Yoga Meditation Center SmartTalkWomen spring tired Troubadours of Divine Bliss Twitter Varanasi vegan veganism Verdi Women Writing for (a) Change Woody Allen writing yoga yoga, hatha zen
fanchon on stay close… Jenny on Another Mother’s Day phebek108 on Another Mother’s Day Ellen Austin-Li on Another Mother’s Day Karen (Morgan) on Coffee with the Goddess
- RT @Eugene_Robinson: Trump distraction strategy is clear: Announce no Comey tapes on day Senate passes terrible health bill. Don't be foole… 12 hours ago
- RT @AriBerman: 53 years ago today KKK murdered civil rights activists Andrew Goodman, James Chaney & Mickey Schwerner during Mississippi Fr… 12 hours ago
- RT @beaglefreedom: Rolling the window down won't save their life. Temperatures are greatly magnified inside your car. Please don't leave an… 13 hours ago
- RT @ananavarro: Reading Trump tweets today -lies & insults- make me realize just how much he's soiled & diminished the US Presidency. I wee… 13 hours ago
- vox.com/policy-and-pol… 13 hours ago