I was attracted by the lines in this stone, especially the big white one which seems to have been drawn on . . . by a happening in nature, who knows what. That same line is lighter on its other side but its placement matches.
There is also an indentation on the more vivid white line side. I wonder how that got there and how many years it took? Maybe a fat animal – or person – stepped on it, maybe a tree fell over. This is one of the mysteries of my stone.
Funny how ownership just came into it. “My” after all! For just as no one owns a creek, no one owns a stone. I’ve heard crystals disappear and sometimes remove themselves from people. I’m fond of this stone even more, now that I touched it, held it in my hand. For it fits nicely, nearly the size of a quarter but with a shape more like an oval head. I like its smoothness, its comfort in my hand.
The stone is dark gray; it reminds me of obsidian though I don’t think it is. It’s actually quite humble, not flashy like some stones. It is what it is, no more. There’s a lesson here, to be sure. This makes the stone philosophical or emitting wisdom if only we will listen.
Tag Cloud108 108 poems aging Betsy Lippitt birds birthdays bliss blogging bowing Buddhism Catherine of Siena Virtual College cats chanting College Hill Coffee Company creek cystoscopy daughters death dogs Farm Fresh Delivery feminism friendship Ganges River God grandmothers gratitude guru Gurumayi hatha yoga Hinduism hospice India japa juicing Kali Krishna Das Landmark Education lung cancer mala Mary Pierce Brosmer Meals on Wheels meditation Melt memories mother mothers Muktananda Northside Northside (Cincinnati) Ohio Lesbian Archives Om opera organic vegetables rain realization retirement sadness Shiva Siddha Yoga Siddha Yoga Meditation Center SmartTalkWomen spring tired Troubadours of Divine Bliss Twitter Varanasi vegan veganism Verdi Women Writing for (a) Change Woody Allen writing yoga yoga, hatha zen
fanchon on stay close… Jenny on Another Mother’s Day phebek108 on Another Mother’s Day Ellen Austin-Li on Another Mother’s Day Karen (Morgan) on Coffee with the Goddess
- RT @Eugene_Robinson: Trump distraction strategy is clear: Announce no Comey tapes on day Senate passes terrible health bill. Don't be foole… 12 hours ago
- RT @AriBerman: 53 years ago today KKK murdered civil rights activists Andrew Goodman, James Chaney & Mickey Schwerner during Mississippi Fr… 12 hours ago
- RT @beaglefreedom: Rolling the window down won't save their life. Temperatures are greatly magnified inside your car. Please don't leave an… 13 hours ago
- RT @ananavarro: Reading Trump tweets today -lies & insults- make me realize just how much he's soiled & diminished the US Presidency. I wee… 13 hours ago
- vox.com/policy-and-pol… 13 hours ago