I was attracted by the lines in this stone, especially the big white one which seems to have been drawn on . . . by a happening in nature, who knows what. That same line is lighter on its other side but its placement matches.
There is also an indentation on the more vivid white line side. I wonder how that got there and how many years it took? Maybe a fat animal – or person – stepped on it, maybe a tree fell over. This is one of the mysteries of my stone.
Funny how ownership just came into it. “My” after all! For just as no one owns a creek, no one owns a stone. I’ve heard crystals disappear and sometimes remove themselves from people. I’m fond of this stone even more, now that I touched it, held it in my hand. For it fits nicely, nearly the size of a quarter but with a shape more like an oval head. I like its smoothness, its comfort in my hand.
The stone is dark gray; it reminds me of obsidian though I don’t think it is. It’s actually quite humble, not flashy like some stones. It is what it is, no more. There’s a lesson here, to be sure. This makes the stone philosophical or emitting wisdom if only we will listen.
Tag Cloud108 108 poems aging Betsy Lippitt birds birthdays bliss blogging bowing Buddhism Catherine of Siena Virtual College cats chanting College Hill Coffee Company creek cystoscopy daughters death dogs Farm Fresh Delivery feminism friendship Ganges River God grandmothers gratitude guru Gurumayi hatha yoga Hinduism hospice India japa juicing Kali Krishna Das Landmark Education lung cancer mala Mary Pierce Brosmer Meals on Wheels meditation Melt memories mother mothers Muktananda Northside Northside (Cincinnati) Ohio Lesbian Archives Om opera organic vegetables rain realization retirement sadness Shiva Siddha Yoga Siddha Yoga Meditation Center SmartTalkWomen spring tired Troubadours of Divine Bliss Twitter Varanasi vegan veganism Verdi Women Writing for (a) Change Woody Allen writing yoga yoga, hatha zen
Suzanne on When the goddess loses her… Rashma on When the goddess loses her… phebek108 on What I wore to the rally sandylingo47 on What I wore to the rally phebek108 on What I wore to the rally
- RT @NetworkJunkyz: @davidfrum I'm guessing it has something to do with this. https://t.co/rGcotZeVm0 1 day ago
- RT @Shareblue: Rex Tillerson’s own State Department turns on him for condoning child soldiers shareblue.com/rex-tillersons… by @fawfulfan 1 day ago
- RT @MonicaHesse: Surprise! The answer is that we do, and we must, regard all men as potential monsters to be feared. That's why we cross to… 1 day ago
- RT @GeorgeTakei: The Trump Administration would like to extend to all of America a very hearty Treason's Greetings 1 day ago
- RT @RWPUSA: Which is more likely? Senator grabs woman's rear as husband takes photo, or Senate votes massive tax giveaway while voters are… 1 day ago