I have been AWOL, I’ll admit. But it’s time to return to my blog and share thoughts. I was hit pretty hard by the results of the Presidential Election. My heart was for Hillary. I canvassed, walking miles, talking to people who answered their door, leaving fliers. In the aftermath, I became literally sickened and took to my bed for several days. A workshop led by Mary Pierce Brosmer at Women Writing for (a) Change on Post Election feelings helped. Although reading national news on my smartphone or laptop gave me anxiety, I felt it was vital to stay alert. As one of thousands who showed up for Cincinnati’s Women’s March downtown at Washington Park, I did feel a surge of power and optimism witnessing so many of us feeling the same way. I continue to monitor what’s going on and go to as many rallies and marches as I can. All is not glum, however. I continue to facilitate the Thursday morning class at Women Writing. I write sporadically and am glad to say it is growing as my favorite season Fall arrives. As an aging lesbian, I wonder and worry if I will be in another lover/partner relationship. OKCupid called to me and I’ve had coffee with two interesting women. One I have continued having dinner with and this is welcomed. My next blog post will be about going to a rally vs white supremacy at my alma mater, Miami University of Ohio. The trip to Oxford and the experience brought up memories and perspective. I intend to share this soon. Until then, Phebe
Tag Cloud108 108 poems aging Betsy Lippitt birds birthdays bliss blogging bowing Buddhism Catherine of Siena Virtual College cats chanting College Hill Coffee Company creek cystoscopy daughters death dogs Farm Fresh Delivery feminism friendship Ganges River God grandmothers gratitude guru Gurumayi hatha yoga Hinduism hospice India japa juicing Kali Krishna Das Landmark Education lung cancer mala Mary Pierce Brosmer Meals on Wheels meditation Melt memories mother mothers Muktananda Northside Northside (Cincinnati) Ohio Lesbian Archives Om opera organic vegetables rain realization retirement sadness Shiva Siddha Yoga Siddha Yoga Meditation Center SmartTalkWomen spring tired Troubadours of Divine Bliss Twitter Varanasi vegan veganism Verdi Women Writing for (a) Change Woody Allen writing yoga yoga, hatha zen
phebek108 on Now available on Amazon USA!… Tamsin McPherson on Going to India to promote the… Suzanne on Now available on Amazon USA!… phebek108 on A return to India! Tamsin McPherson on A return to India!
- RT @peterdaou: I'm going to repeat this: EVERYTHING we're seeing today that the mainstream media is belatedly waking up to, was predicted a… 44 minutes ago
- RT @RepSwalwell: Take this to the bank, @realDonaldTrump: you turn over former U.S. Ambassador @McFaul to Putin, you can count on me and mi… 3 days ago
- RT @JohnBrennan: Why did Trump meet 1 on 1 with Putin? What might he be hiding from Bolton, Pompeo, Kelly, & the American public? How will… 3 days ago
- RT @SallyQYates: Our President today not only chose a tyrant over his own Intel community, he chose Russia’s interests over the country he… 4 days ago
- RT @Janefonda: Many of us are wondering what we can do this November. Well consider this your official invite to #TheLastWeekend ! VOTE, o… 4 days ago