I am at my laptop the last evening of the writing retreat. I am not far from home although others are. Distance is a funny thing–it can be geographical or mental. Eleven women trained by Mary Pierce Brosmer as teachers in Women Writing for a Change practices are here at the Transfiguration Spirituality Center in Glendale, Ohio. It is a (usually) annual retreat. I missed last year so I was happy to retreat this year.
We begin and end in a large circle, just as we do in classes. In between writing and discussion we eat, are in small groups getting and giving feedback, did I say eat?, and conclude our evenings with wine and laughter. We share stories from our lives, joke, touch on Big Questions. Some of us have known one another for years, decades even. It’s a sisterhood on many levels. We have shared in ways you can when you are intentional on a retreat.
I really just wanted to have this experience documented–until the next retreat, I hope.
Tag Cloud108 108 poems aging Betsy Lippitt birds birthdays bliss blogging bowing Buddhism Catherine of Siena Virtual College cats chanting College Hill Coffee Company creek cystoscopy daughters death dogs Farm Fresh Delivery feminism friendship Ganges River God grandmothers gratitude guru Gurumayi hatha yoga Hinduism hospice India japa juicing Kali Krishna Das Landmark Education lung cancer mala Mary Pierce Brosmer Meals on Wheels meditation Melt memories mother mothers Muktananda Northside Northside (Cincinnati) Ohio Lesbian Archives Om opera organic vegetables rain realization retirement sadness Shiva Siddha Yoga Siddha Yoga Meditation Center SmartTalkWomen spring tired Troubadours of Divine Bliss Twitter Varanasi vegan veganism Verdi Women Writing for (a) Change Woody Allen writing yoga yoga, hatha zen
Suzanne on When the goddess loses her… Rashma on When the goddess loses her… phebek108 on What I wore to the rally sandylingo47 on What I wore to the rally phebek108 on What I wore to the rally
- Is Donald Trump a traitor? (by James Risen) interc.pt/2HjzI6Q 3 days ago
- House Russia investigation has 'abundance' of evidence against Trump, says top Democrat a.msn.com/01/en-us/BBJ8M… 5 days ago
- RT @DSWT: Happy #GalentinesDay! In #elephant society its the girls that run the world! Made up of female members, herds are led by the olde… 6 days ago
- RT @krassenstein: Why is it that the White House classifies an African American who decides to peacefully kneel during a game as "a son of… 6 days ago
- Steve Bannon warns: 'Anti-patriarchy movement' is going to be bigger than the tea party cnb.cx/2H1pibI 1 week ago